Monday, October 6, 2014

//Is anybody O U T there?//


I thought I'd take a little bit of time to introduce myself, since I am the co-founder of The Native Soundwaves.

First of all - and arguably least important - my name is Angelia. I'm originally from Cleveland, but now I am kicking it at OSU for the next four years. I like music (obviously), black & white photos, pizza, concerts (again, obviously), posters, complaining, storms, creating, and staying up until 4 AM. Starting a band has always been plan A for me, but if that doesn't work out, I'm planning on studying journalism and writing about music for a living.

When it comes to music, I will give everything a try because I am so annoyed with the marginalization that is alive in today's society of genres. And by that I mean, yes, I do like One Direction. Real talk (is that appropriate to say? Of course it is): although my iTunes library is way too large, I do have a few favorite artists that I will defend until the end: twenty one pilots (since we both can call Ohio home, they get precedence), My Chemical Romance, The 1975, Fall Out Boy, Arctic Monkeys, All Time Low, 5 Seconds of Summer, Phillip Phillips, R5, Lorde, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, and the genres of pop punk and classic rock in general. But again, as I mentioned before, I'm just so deeply in love with music that it all excites me.

I cannot guarantee that I will not cut the lights and sounds and start talking philosophically from time to time. I like doing that. That type of chaos keeps me right on the border of sanity and insanity in the end. I hope you all enjoy listening to our little adventures with music from here on out.



Here's a new jam from the lovely Gerard Way to dance to at the inauguration of this blog right now. (The Bureau//Hesitant Alien)

 For always (hopefully), //Angelia//

No comments:

Post a Comment